Microsoft has now released the free “Outlook Connector” that allows you to use Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007 on your home or office computer, and always be in sync with the online webmail. E-mail and contacts are synced immediately and continuously.
- I’ve been talking about this for a while – here and here.
- Microsoft’s team developing Windows Live Hotmail made this announcement.
- Microsoft set up this page with more information.
- There’s an extensive review and screenshots here.
- Download the Outlook Connector here.
It’s possible to sync your Outlook calendar with the online Windows Live Hotmail calendar, so you have access to your calendar wherever you are, as well as allowing others to see and edit your calendar if you choose. Disappointingly, the calendar sync is not free – it requires a paid premium Hotmail subscription or a subscription to Office Live.
If you’re using Outlook but you want to be able to view your mail and contacts while you’re away from your home or office, it’s finally possible. Look into it, or ask me about it!